photo 37090e85-8016-4487-a61a-330f10146960_zps38a19c46.png
Like what you see? Contact me to be featured today!

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Who's Who- the mind and artist behind Serenasgifts

Hi!
My name is Serena and I have a store in Indianapolis that is truly my heart and joy. I opened the store about three years ago and it has changed and molded into what it is today. It is a small shop that offers other artists in the community an opportunity to sell their items. I charge 20 a month for them to put items in my store, I charge no percentage or any other fees and 100% of the money goes back to the artists and their families here locally.

Not only does this help select families but it helps our little community overall by keeping our money local. I chose to do this even though I make nothing from it in order to be a positive role model to my three female children and to other women in our area. I truly love what I do.

I design and create jewelry, all of it is one of a kind and no piece is ever duplicated. All of my designs have meanings behind them and are made so that the women who wear them can not only feel pretty but can be empowered. Some are reminders of things we need to think about, for instance Wind's Wings is a reminder that being free and responsibility come hand in hand and some women forget they can still feel free while being responsible for their families. So wearing a piece like that you can have a physical token to help you remember that freedom is not something you grow out of but something to treasure and enjoy every day regardless of age or consequence.

Personally I am a wife and mother of three girls who are 17, 13 and 13. My husband was a career Military Police Officer for the Army until he got hurt. He has served overseas and is truly my hero in every aspect. We have a dog named Orion who is incredibly spoiled and very much part of our little family.

No comments: