photo 37090e85-8016-4487-a61a-330f10146960_zps38a19c46.png
Like what you see? Contact me to be featured today!

Monday, August 17, 2009

Something Erie....

Hello readers and fellow bloggers,

I recently have read Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. Anyone else read this extremely hard to follow book? We had to read it for our English Comp. w/Research class last quarter. If not for a handout our instructor had given, I doubt I would have even understood this Sci-Fi book. It was written back in the 1950's I believe, but you can kinda see how things are falling into place. Don't believe me? In this book he talks about how firemen are no longer our protectors from fire, but instead start fires. If a book, any book, is found in your house you are immediately turned in and your house burnt to the ground. I won't give too much away, just in case I have arroused your interest. Anyhow, what I was saying was, in this book they were talking about these giant walls that were like television screens. The book referred to them as 'The family'. Guess what panasonic has invented? A television so big that it actually takes up an entire wall! Here's the link if you don't believe me. See the picture for yourself. http://thehottestgadgets.com/2008/09/the-panasonic-life-wall-learns-your-preferences-001382

Pretty creepy huh? To those of you who have read this book, another little tidbit I found out. I used to live in Ohio, so I went to visit my family a few months ago. The libraries in Ohio are no longer being funded by the government. Many of them have to close thanks to the wonderful governor. Ted Strickland I believe. I don't know about you, maybe I'm just reading too much into it, but this is all a little close for comfort. What I want to know is how some guy back in the 1950's knew that someday we would have these giant 'walls' that were televisions. Now that's creepy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I read this book a few months ago. The shows on the TV were only violence or complete stupidity. That sounds familiar too.

rjblueyes said...

Yeah! I almost forgot about that part. The 'walls' were so colorful and loud no one could turn their attention away. They would just sit in front of the 'family' all the time. No one even missed books!